Ear & Sinus Problems : How to Remove Hard Ear Wax
How To Use Mineral Oil To Remove Ear Wax?
Are you looking for an effective way to clean out earwax? Then there is good news for you. Mineral oil is known to be highly effective in cleaning out the earwax. It’s probably better than any other OTC medications that claim to clear out your earwax.
Would you like to know more? Keep reading.
Ear Wax – An Overview
While ear wax helps in keeping the inner parts of your ear dry and protects your ear from infections bacteria, insects, and fungus, it can damage your ear if too much of it gets accumulated. It can lead to tinnitus, hearing loss and earaches. Finding a natural and harmless solution for cleaning out earwax is important to help prevent these problems.
[ Read:Home Remedies To Treat Ear Congestion]
How To Use Mineral Oil For Ear Wax Removal
Mineral oil is one of the most inexpensive remedies to remove earwax as it is easily available. To use it to clean wax from your ears, you need to:
- Take a small amount of the oil from its bottle by using a clean eyedropper or syringe.
- Tilt your head gently sideways and drop or apply a few drops into your ear canal.
- Make sure that your head remains in the position until the oil penetrates deeply.
- Repeat this twice every day to make sure that the earwax gets loosened.
- Next, warm a little bit of water to about 98.6 deg F. Fill a clean sterilized rubber-bulb syringe with a few drops of boiled and slightly cooled luke warm water.
- Using your free hand, pull your ear up and squirt a few drops of the water into your ear canal.
- Let the remnant water drops drain out of your ear. Make sure that you check properly for clogs of earwax.
- If there are no clogs, repeat the process until it is removed.
- Once you are done, use a towel to wipe off any excess drops of water from your outer ear.
- Next, fill the same or another clean eyedropper with a few drops of rubbing alcohol.
- Hold your hand to your ear while tilting your head sideways and put a few drops of the alcohol into your ear canal and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Next, gently tilt your head again, but in the opposite direction, and let all the rubbing alcohol slowly drain out. This will help in drying your inner ear completely without the need to use cotton swabs.
[ Read:Home Remedies To Remove Ear Wax Safely ]
As you can see, there is not much to cleaning out ear wax with mineral oil. All you need to be careful about is the temperature of the boiled water. Needless to say, water that is too hot or too cold will damage your ears, and the risk of permanent damage is always there. Cold water can cause a lot of pain while hot water can lead to dizziness and nausea. You should also make sure that you clean the items like the eyedropper and syringe thoroughly before use.
Other Tips To Remember
- If you cannot lay your hands on mineral oil, you can also use olive oil or baby oil. They are both safe and gentle alternatives.
- You can also use other oils such tea tree oil in order to loosen and get rid of earwax. It is another good option as it also helps in killing fungus and bacteria that may be present inside the ear canal.
[ Read:Home Remedies To Remove Ear Wax Safely]
Now that you know how to use mineral oil for earwax removal, what are you waiting for? It is better than products found in pharmacies as it is natural and gentle.
Have you ever used mineral oil for ear wax removal? How did it help you? Do tell us by commenting in the box below.
Video: 9 Ways To Use Mineral Oil For Beauty and Household
The One Thing Khloe Kardashian Uses on HerVagina
South-of-the-Border Burrito Wraps
Stunning Lace Dresses to Steal from Celebs
Treatment of High Blood Pressure
8 Smoothie Add-Ins That Rev Your Metabolism and Help You Lose Weight
18 Telltale Signs Youre a Country Girl at Heart
No-Bake Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce
Falling in Love Again With America’s No. 1 BBQ Food: Hot Dogs
How to Adopt in Texas
How to calculate a tip: The easiest strategy is also the best