Astral Projection! (and How to Do It)
How to Perform Astral Projection
Astral projection refers to an out-of-body-experience (OBE) during which the astral body leaves the physical body and travels to the astral plane. People often experience this state during illness or when involved in a near death experience, but it is also possible to practice astral projection at will. This article contains instructions on how to get started.
Start in the morning.Rather than practising astral projection at night, right before you go to sleep, start in the early morning hours when you're still feeling drowsy. Some say that it's easier to reach the necessary state of relaxation and heightened awareness around dawn. Yet it is possible to astral travel at any time so there are no hard and fast rules. It is a personal preference or simply astral traveling when we feel empowered to do it.
Create the right atmosphere.Astral projection requires a state of deep relaxation, so it should be performed in a part of your home where you're completely comfortable. Lie on your bed or sofa and relax your mind and body.
- It's easier to perform astral projection alone than it is with someone else in the room. If you usually sleep with a partner, choose a room other than the bedroom to practice astral projection. A good time to do it is when no one else is in and make sure no one is going to walk into the room when you're in astral flight.
- Draw the shades or curtains and rid the room of distracting noises. Any type of interruption could disrupt the state of relaxation you need to achieve.
Lie down and relax.Position yourself on your back in your chosen room. Close your eyes and try to clear your mind of distracting thoughts. Concentrate on your body and how it feels. The goal is to achieve a state of complete mind and body relaxation.
- Flex your muscles and then loosen them. Start with your toes and work your way up your body, gradually making your way to your head. Make sure every muscle is completely relaxed when you are through.
- Breathe deeply and exhale completely. Don't hold tension in your chest and shoulders, just relax.
- Focus your mind on your breathing. Don't get carried away with thoughts of outside worries, and don't get preoccupied yet with the idea of your soul projecting from your body. Just let yourself sink into relaxation.
- It can be helpful to use a quartz crystal to raise and speed up your vibrations as preparation. Gently hold the crystal on your third eye slightly above the centre of your eyebrows with closed eyes and breathing deeply. Feel the vibrations and your head clearing; you can envision golden, white, purple or any colour light if you like. During the meditation and astral travelling you can hold the crystal in your hand or place it on your chest or abdomen. The crystal will empower and protect you because of its high vibrations; negative energies have lower vibrations.
Moving the Soul From the Body
Reach a hypnotic state.This hypnotic state is normally known as thehypnagogicstate. Let your body and mind approach sleep, but don't completely lose consciousness. Being at the edge of wakefulness and sleep, a hypnotic state, is necessary for astral projection to occur. Reach this state using the following method:
- Keeping your eyes closed, let your mind wander to a part of your body, such as your hand, foot or a single toe.
- Focus on the body part until you can visualize it perfectly, even with your eyes closed. Continue focusing until all other thoughts fall away.
- Use your mind to flex your body part, but do not physically move it. Visualize your toes curling and uncurling, or your fingers clenching and unclenching, until it seems as though they are physically moving.
- Broaden your focus to the rest of your body. Move your legs, your arms, and your head using only your mind. Keep your focus steady until you're able to move your whole body in your mind alone.
Enter into a state of vibration.Many report feeling vibrations, which come in waves at different frequencies, as the soul prepares to leave the body. Don't be afraid of the vibrations, since the presence of fear might cause you to leave your meditative state; instead, succumb to the vibrations as your soul prepares to leave your body.
Use your mind to move your soul from your body.Imagine in your mind the room in which you are lying. Move your body in your mind to stand up. Look around yourself. Get up off the bed and walk across the room, then turn around and look at your body on the bed.
- Your OBE is successful if you feel as though you are gazing upon your body from across the room, and that your conscious self is now separate from your body.
- It takes a lot of practice to get to this point for some people, though for others it comes as naturally as breathing. Either way it is possible for everyone if it is desired and practised enough! If you have trouble completely lifting your soul from your body, try lifting just a hand or a leg at first. Keep practising until you're able to move across the room.
Return to your body.Your soul always remains connected to your body with an invisible force, sometimes referred to as a "silver cord." Let the force guide your soul back to your body. Re-enter your body. Move your fingers and toes - physically, not just in your mind - and let yourself regain full consciousness.
Exploring the Astral Plane
Confirm that you are projecting your soul from your body.Once you have mastered the act of projecting your soul from your body in the same room, you will want to confirm that you were indeed in two separate planes.
- Next time you practice the astral projection, don't turn around to look at your body. Instead, leave the room and walk into another room in the house.
- Examine an object in the other room, something that you had never noticed before in the physical sense. Make a mental note of its color, shape and size, paying attention to as many details as possible.
- Return to your body. Physically go into the room you previously projected yourself into. Walk to the article you examined during the astral travel. Can you confirm the details you noted when you explored the object with your mind?
Explore further.During subsequent astral projection sessions, go to locations that are less and less familiar to you. Each time, note details that you had never noticed before. After each session, physically verify the details. After a few trips, you will be experienced enough to travel to locations that are completely unfamiliar with the confidence that you have actually performed astral projection.
Return to your body.Some say that astral projection is dangerous, especially when one gets enough practice to explore unfamiliar places but it need not be. Those people simply don't understand it or fear it because they don't use enough protection,.as long as you ask for protection in your own way it'll be a good experience. Before you astral project it is nice to imagine yourself bathed in a glowing, white light. Imagine it as a cloud around you or inside you; this will protect you from other thought forms or negative energy forms.
- There is so much to get into, but know that no harm will come to you unless you think it will. The thrill of having an OBE keeps some people out of their bodies for long periods of time, which is said to weaken the silver cord but the silver cord cannot be weakened. It is pure energy and energy can't be eliminated or removed, only moved from one place to another, or one form or another so don't worry about astral travelling; it is natural, powerful and healing.
- The silver cord can never be broken, but it is said that your soul can be delayed from re-entering your body if you spend too much energy outside of it. Yet your soul and body are so intrinsically entwined that the soul will naturally come back when it's right to.
- Some say that demons can inhabit the body while the soul is being projected. If you fear this may happen, protect your body by blessing the room with a prayer before you perform projection. It is only hearsay anyway and seeing as you'll have already asked for light protection nothing bad will occur.
- Your soul can also interact with other astral projections. Try it with a friend who has practiced as much as you have. Some say astral sex is mind blowing. However, remember to always return to your body.
- It is possible to heal others during astral travel; this is a form of distance healing that is very powerful. Envision the sick person, perhaps lying in their bed. It doesn't matter if they're not physically in their bed while you're doing it because time and distance become void when you're in the astral plane. Always ask for protection, healing power and guidance from whomever you pray to and envision light; you can ask during astral projection as and when you wish. See light in your hands as white and strong as you can, and if you feel ready put one hand on their forehead and another on their abdomen and pour the light into them. Your intentions must be pure and you should be feeling nothing but love for them. Sometimes people will report back to you that something amazing has happened to them, even though you didn't tell them you were the source of it! Enjoy your astral journeys!
QuestionCan I go anywhere I want?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. As long as you envision being there and you want to be there, you can go anywhere you want.Thanks!
QuestionCan anyone of any age do it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, as long as you have the will and the right mind set.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I picture in order to move my soul from my body?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry to picture your soul climbing out of your body. Remain relaxed.Thanks!
QuestionWill I die if I stay in the astral plane for too long?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. Astral projection uses your energy, soul, and mind. To return to your body, you must simply think of returning.Thanks!
QuestionWhat are the benefits of astral projection?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou may gain peace of mind and a sense of healing. It can also feel as if you're riding astride a shooting star, which is a pretty cool feeling.Thanks!
QuestionIf someone is in the astral plane, can anyone physically awake see, hear, or feel them?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPeople that are sensitive to that kind of stuff can, but most people can not.Thanks!
QuestionIs it possible to see ghost?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, it is possible to see different entities. You're in the spiritual realm, therefore making you able to see ghosts.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can I do if my cord happens to break?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt can't break; it's like an elastic. Too much stress on it would just pull you back into your body.Thanks!
QuestionHow can you make it easier to enter the astral planewikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerRelaxing your body and mind will make it easier to enter the astral plane.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if someone tries to wake me up while my soul is out?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou zap back instantly. This is the case whether the waking is through physical contact or as a result of a sudden noise nearby. It's harmless enough, but a bit annoying.Thanks!
To perform astral projection, start by lying down in a dark, quiet place where you won't be disturbed. Once you're comfortable, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Lie like this until you're just about to fall asleep but you're still awake. When you start to feel vibrations in your body, imagine yourself standing up and stepping out of your body. If you're able to look around and see yourself lying down, you've astral projected!
- It's best not to be mentally or physically tired when attempting astral projection, as you will find it hard to concentrate. Drowsy morning feelings work better than being tired after a long day.
- Feel free to walk anywhere you would like. But do not go too far your first few times. If you are new to an astral plane, walk/fly to closer locations first.
- If you feel it's hard to get back to your body, just imagine yourself striking with your body at the speed of light. You can come back from any place with in one second. Remember your soul is free of distance and time.
- When releasing your soul from your body, it can also help to imagine yourself all one dull color. Now imagine your colorful soul escaping from your body slowly.
- Visualize a white or yellowish light surrounding you while you Astral Project to protect yourself from bad entities who may suck your energy if you let them. Also, you can try to raise your vibrations.
- You cannot be hurt mentally/physically by something in the Astral Plane while having an OBE.
- Interactions while in the Astral Plane are unlimited.
- Astral Projection can turn into whatever you want it to be. It can also make your growth in anything spiritual raise quickly which is why you should not give up. Its pretty easy for what it can help you do in the future.
- If you're having difficulty getting into the hypnotic state, imagine stairs and become more relaxed the longer you walk.
- Its best to do it alone for a long period of time because it doesn’t happen right away for beginners.
- Best time for astral travel is 5 am - 7 am.
- Beliefs play the largest part in Astral Projection. If you believe that you are going to be possessed, you may feel like you are possessed. If you feel like your "silver-cord" is "weak" and that you can't return, you will feel stuck. Feelings and thoughts are instantly manifested in the Astral Plane, anything you think/fear can seem to happen. Keep your thoughts positive. Don't try to Astral Project after watching a scary movie.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Italiano: , Español: , Deutsch: , Português: , Français: , Русский: , Nederlands: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Čeština: , 한국어: , ไทย: , Tiếng Việt:
May 1, 2019
Jul 25, 2019
Dec 18, 2019
Aug 19, 2019
Nov 23, 2019
Jun 28, 2019
Sep 7, 2019
Jul 29, 2019
Kevin W. Thomas
Sep 20, 2019
Apr 27, 2019
Dec 27, 2019
Aug 7, 2019
Jun 2, 2019
Aug 12, 2019
Aug 20, 2019
Nov 11, 2019
Mar 13, 2019
Aug 4, 2019
Jun 15, 2019
Jul 1, 2019
Nov 22, 2019
Nov 19, 2019
Jul 11, 2019
Jun 23, 2019
Aug 18, 2019
Jan 23, 2019
Jun 6, 2019
Video: Astral Projection! (and How to Do it) | A New & Improved Guide
How to Heal from a Collapsed Lung
How To Do The Adho Mukha Svanasana And What Are Its Benefits
How Running Helped Me Rebuild My Relationship With My Dad
La Mer Creates a New, LighterCream
How to Make a Video Relay Call to a Deaf Person
15 Hot Makeup Products You Need This Summer
Saying Goodbye to Buddy
Best Olay Products – Our Top 10
When Mom and Dad Separate by Marge Heegaard
Holiday Makeup Looks To Wow This Season
How to Get Rid of People That Hate You
How to Sell Art
How to Play Shortstop in Baseball