How to make Popcorn on the Stove (Homemade, Easy and Quick)- BenjiManTV
How to Make Popcorn in a Pan
A pack of maize/corn kernels
Oil or butter
Buy a bag of dry maize kernels.You can get this from most supermarkets nowadays, and it's easy to find at ethnic stores too. The bigger bag you buy, the more money you'll save in the long term.
Select your biggest saucepan with a lid (a see - through one makes all the difference!), put it on the stove and drizzle a small amount of oil on the bottom. If you have an oil spray pump, spray the sides too.
Work out how many kernels you'll need.Remember how big your average piece of popcorn is and use that to work out how many will comfortably fit in your pan.
Add your kernels to the pan (about 2 small handfuls is usually about right) and turn the stove to medium heat.
Put the lid on quickly.
You will soon begin to hear the kernels popping and hitting the sides and lid of the pan.DO NOT TAKE OFF THE LID WHILST THE HEAT IS ON AND POPCORN IS POPPING. When the noise dies down to only 1 or 2 pops every few seconds, turn the heat off and remove the pan from the stove.
Carefully take a peek under the lid.Your popcorn should be good and done, so take off the lid. You will smell the buttery aroma.
If you want sweet popcorn, take sugar or Splenda and sprinkle it over the popcorn (still in the pan).Put the lid back on and give it a gentle shake. The oil should allow the sugar to stick well to the kernels.
If you prefer cheddar flavoring, do the same thing as you did with the sugar!
QuestionHow can I make the popcorn yellow?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMelt some butter and pour it on top of the popcorn.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can I do about unpopped kernels?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou should just avoid eating them and throw them out. If they didn't pop the first time around, they most likely won't pop if you try again.Thanks!
QuestionWhy is my maize kernel burning without even popping?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour pan is too hot. When you turn on the element, turn it to medium heat, let it warm up, and then add your oil and kernels.Thanks!
How do I make popcorn kernels? Do I just dry pieces of corn?
Why my popcorn is not popping?
How many minutes does it take the popcorn to pop?
Why do my kernels sometimes burn?
How can I add butter?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If a lot of the corn didn't pop, chances are you didn't put enough oil in, used too low a heat, or put too much corn in.
- If you want butter, melt the butter in the pan first instead of using oil.
- Popping in stainless steel cookware can be tricky to get the heating right without burning, so its best to test a small sample in the pan first, or use a heat diffuser.
- If you want salty popcorn, do the same as you would for sweet or cheddar popcorn, but use salt instead.
- If you take the lid off whilst the pan is on the hob, hot, oil - covered popcorn will fly all over the place.
- Hot oil and hot pans and cooker hobs arehot. Be especially careful if you're making the popcorn for children.
- Don't try to make toffee popcorn at home. Chances are you will not succeed in anything but setting the kitchen on fire.
- Don't make a second batch in the pan if you put sugar or salt in there.
Things You'll Need
A big pan
A big pan lid
Did you try these steps?
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it?
In other languages:
Español: , Deutsch: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , العربية:
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 402,381 times.
Video: How to Pop Popcorn in a Pan | MyRecipes
15 Christmas Craft Ideas
Blaze Is Attaching Lasers To Bikes To Improve Rider Safety
How to Find a Job Using Your Own Website
How to Feed a Yorkie Puppy
4 Ways to Be Mindful
Self-Confidence: The Secret To Better Sex
How to Become a Canadian Citizen
Inside Prince Harry’s Plan to Smash the AIDS Stigma and Get More Men Testing for HIV
The Style: The Best New Jeans
How to Give a Great College Graduation Gift
Don’t Worry, Coffee Won’t Make You Fat (Or Unhealthy)
What Your Body Odor Says About Your Health
US customs agents may require foreigners social media passwords as part of vetting
Date: 06.12.2018, 17:53 / Views: 91445