HERMIONE GRANGER MAKEUP, HAIR & OUTFIT TUTORIAL ft. ItsLibbyMae
How to Look Like Hermione Granger
Curl your hair so that it looks "bushy," as Hermione's hair is often described.In the movies, Hermione's hair varies from wavy to crimped, but it is genuinely curly and bushy in the books. Any naturally curly hair will work, whether your natural hair is wavy, spiral curls, big curls. It will all be fine. Stay natural! If your hair isn't already curly and you don't like the idea of using hot irons, then try these methods:
- After you shower, leave your hair slightly wet and part it into a few sections. Twist each section up into a little bun and sleep on it. You should wake up with some nice waves in your hair.
- Split your wet hair into a few sections (with more sections for thicker hair) and braid it. You could either sleep with the braids in your hair or keep them in for a half-day. You will end up with nice waves.
- Curlers can also give you nice Hermione hair.
- You can also dye your hair a shade of medium brown and wear brown contact lenses if your eyes are not already dark.
- As a last resort, in the last film Hermione has her hair plaited so just a single braid down your back will work.
Mimic her wardrobe.Fashion is not something that Hermione worries about - she's more about books than looks. However, that doesn’t mean she lets herself look disheveled. Just remember to keep things tidy, simple and modest.
- School uniform: This consists of a V-neck sweater, a white collared shirt with the Gryffindor tie, a pleated skirt, stockings or tights, Mary Jane shoes, a black cloak, and a wizard robe. (The first- and second-year uniforms are grey; thereafter, they are black). You may want to add a Gryffindor beanie and scarf in the house colors (gold and red), which you can knit yourself. Perhaps you could add a Prefect badge.
- Casual dress: Because Hogwarts is rather chilly, Hermione opts for warm clothing when she dresses like a Muggle. This includes thick coats, jackets, striped or patterned knits, jeans, cords, cargo or chino pants, and a good pair of sneakers. You can also imitate Emma Watson's wardrobe from the movies by wearing sweaters, hoodies, and chinos that have a cute and classic flair.
- Formal dress: For dressy occasions, Hermione straightens her hair and curls the ends. Make sure your hair has lots of volume. (This will have the same effect as the Sleekeazy's Hair Potion that Hermione uses.) She also wears an elaborate dresses for special events. In Hermione's fourth year, she attended the Yule Ball wearing a periwinkle blue dress; in the film, the dress is dusty pink. In theDeathly Hallowsbook, she wears a light purple dress to Bill and Fleur’s wedding; in the film, she wears a red dress.
- Pajamas: Wear either a long nightgown with a light-colored dressing gown and a pair of slippers, or a plain tank top and pants with slippers and a dressing gown.
Wear minimal and very natural makeup.Hermione does not care a dreadful lot about her appearance, so remember that it's your personality that counts - no matter what you wear or how you look. However, a light foundation, lip balm, natural-colored eye shadow and mascara can make your features stand out without looking too harsh. Hermione also has nicely shaped brows; you can use an eyebrow grooming brush and hold gel for this look.
Carry a few books you are reading (or just haven't returned to the library yet) with you in a tan, satchel-style bag.You could even includeQuidditch Through the Ages,Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, orThe Tales of Beedle the Bard, which have been published (or you could just make fake covers).
Obtain some sort of wand.Hermione's wand (before it was stolen) was made of vine wood and dragon heart-string, and was fairly dark. You can use a twig for a wand, make one out of clay, paint a pencil or use whatever you like.
Consider adopting a cat.Preferably one that is large, long-haired, and has a squashed-looking face so that it resembles Hermione's cat, Crookshanks. Crookshanks is a ginger Persian, but those cats can be expensive. You could also carry around a stuffed cat that has the same appearance.
Accessorize!You might wear a SPEW pin, a lumpy, wool "house-elf" hat, or a golden chain with a small hourglass charm (to represent the Time-Turner).
Always be hygienic.Hermione is always hygienic.
QuestionCan I wear a white blouse, gray skirt, and tie and be Hermione Granger if I can't find anything to use as a robe?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOf course! Hermione almost never wears her robes anyway.Thanks!
QuestionIf you act like Hermoine Granger, how do you make everyone stop calling you a nerd?Community AnswerIgnore them! If they call you a nerd that means you must really have similarities to Hermione because many people thought that Hermione was a nerd.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can I do if I don't have clothing like Hermione has?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUnless she's wearing the Hogwarts robe, Hermione dresses quite muggle-like, wearing plain t-shirts, sweaters, jeans, and running shoes. You don't really need any special clothes to look like Hermione.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I dress like her in summer?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can wear a white blouse with the sleeves curled up and a Gryffindor tie. A grey pleated skirt with school shoes will be fine.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I get nice, clear skin like Hermione?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGet a good facial cleanser, toner, and moisturizer and use them twice a day, in that order. If you have oily skin, get face-blotting sheets that you can use throughout the day.Thanks!
QuestionHow to talk like Hermione Granger?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBe confident and a little bossy. A clipped British accent would help, too.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I have brown skin and black hair?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThat's quite alright. There are many people who prefer to imagine Hermione as darker-skinned, or of a different race. Having exact features isn't as important as having a good time.Thanks!
QuestionDoes she have her period?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOf course she does, she’s a female. All females get periods. Don’t stress, though, the books don’t mention it.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I wear glasses?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could wear contact lenses if your parents will let you, or you could just be a glasses-wearing version of Hermione!Thanks!
QuestionWhat color tights does Hermione wear?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGrey tights is the uniform color, but you can also wear black tights. Or, if it is hot out, just wear shorts underneath!Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- When in doubt, go to the library. Perusing the Harry Potter books can give you new inspiration for your Hermione look.
- If you don't have products or tools for styling your hair, take a shower before bed and braid your hair when it is still damp. In the morning, take the braids out and brush your hair. That should give you a nice bushy hairstyle like Hermione.
- If you want to buy a Hermione-style outfit but you’re a little strapped for cash, check out your local second-hand clothing stores. You may shudder at the thought of wearing recycled clothing, but it saves a lot of money and, as an added bonus, it’s helpful to the environment (a very Hermione attitude).
- Search the internet for inspiration on Hermione themed outfits! Type "Hermione Granger Outfits" or something similar into a search engine, and several pictures will come up.
- Try finding a knitting class if you aren’t able to knit already, or you can ask someone you know how to teach you. Also, look online for some guidelines.
- If you don't want to spend lots of money on the outfit just throw on a wool long sleeve shirt, a black robe,and maybe even an old tie! She also had a grey skirt and tights.
- Get that personality by reading the book and watching the movies. Practicing your voice can be useful too!
- You could watch the films and read the books for more information. In the last films she has ginger hair but in the earlier ones her hair is brown. To achieve this you could dye your hair, or wear a wig.
- Hermione talks with her eyebrows a lot, so be sure to do the same for the good Hermione appearance.
- Wear things like sweaters, simple jeans, and pin your hair back.
- Practice a British accent. This always sells the new act and people will start to realise who you're acting like!
- Be a know it all, study hard about your school, the world, or something else you choose.
- You may want to brush your hair a lot to make it frizzy and bushy like Hermione's.
- Hermione is very polite and mature. She has good posture, which makes her feel confident and empowered.
- Horizontally brush your hair while it's dry. This will not curl it, it will just bush it up. If you have naturally curly hair, it's the perfect combination.
- Never dye your hair without your parents' approval.
- You will probably want to reserve dressing up in a Hogwarts uniform for special occasions, such as Harry Potter movie premieres and costume parties. Some of these items are too expensive for everyday use.
- Some people think Hermione has blonde hair. She doesn't, so make sure you do not dye your hair blonde. If your hair is blonde, you can get a wig or you can simply dye it brown.
- However, in the films, it's slightly dirty blonde.
Things You'll Need
White button-up/collared shirt
Grey V-neck sweater (jumper)
Black, pleated skirt or black pants
Black tights or grey knee-highs/stockings
Black shoes (preferably Mary Janes)
Leather book bag, preferably light brown (optional)
Books for the book bag (optional)
Brown hair or wig
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Français:
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 452,548 times.
Video: Hermione Granger Transformation Makeup Tutorial
Men’s PromBall Outfit Inspiration
Every Store That Wont Be Open on Thanksgiving (So Far)
Living with Advanced Kidney Cancer
Sweetly Spiced Granola
5 Surprising Reasons Youre More Likely To Have A Heart Attack
How to Minimize Your Risk of Stroke with Diet
50 Blogger Looks That Prove Stripes Are Everything ThisSummer
Laura Whitmore on How to Wear a Red Lip and Not End Up a Mess
Whoa Victoria Beckham Just Wore a Whole Lot of Yellow
21wonderful Irish proverbs filled with humour, love and wisdom
50 Cadillac Tattoos For Men – Automotive Ink Design Ideas
How to Look After Your Dog
How to Obtain Corporate Credit
Date: 10.12.2018, 17:19 / Views: 43432