HOW TO BE A TRENDY HIPSTER INDIE KID
How to Look Indie at School
Get into indie bands, look up indie on Myspace music.Or look at the 'Listeners also bought' section on online music stores like iTunes, Nokia music or Amazon. Recommended artists include:(it doesn't really matter, but if you like them that's ok. You don't have to listen to bands no one really knows about.)
- The Cribs
- Death Cab for Cutie
- The Wombats
- Bright Eyes
- Babyshambles, Libertines, Milburn (basically same members)
- Broom heads Jackets
- Maximo Park
- The Pigeon Detectives
- The Perishers
- The Virgins
- Vampire Weekend
- To find more bands, go to Lastfm.com, they show other artists similar to your searched artist
Don't just like these bands though, get to grips with older indie bands as well such as the Smiths.
When at school, try to always have your top button done up, as it gives that classic indie look.It may sound nerdy, but it does pay off! Wear a cool belt that hangs out from your shirt, it shows you have style.
Grow your hair to a reasonable length, in some cases, very long hair looks quite indie-like.Also, shaggy layers at medium to short lengths are very cool and indie, plus it's easier to take care of.
If your school has a policy of wearing v-necked jumpers, then have the sleeves rolled up, and if you have a long sleeved shirt (which does look better) roll the sleeves up as well so that your shirt sleeves are scrunched up just below the rolled up sweater sleeve.Wear some white socks for school. Wear a shoulder bag to carry your books in. Wear black or any other suitable coloured brogue shoes.
Have a good vocabulary and grammar, it may seem dorky, but it works well with the indie-type crowd.Swear to emphasize words if you must, but don't do it too much.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Small amount of make- up. Don't put it on with a trowel.
- Make sure that you don't force yourself into liking indie music. It's good to experiment and look around for unknown artists, but stay true to personal taste.
- Shaggy fabric 'friendship' bracelets.
- Get some Vans or skater shoes that have suitable colors, (black Vans/DCs/Etnies etc. are recommended). KEDS are in style for girls, and moccasins/dress shoes for boys.
- Listen to indie music, but also get an eclectic range of music.
- Don't come across as a rebel, but let people know you have your own style and that you're not changing for anybody.
- Grow your hair. Get layers.
- Have a man/shoulder bag or even a backpack in some cases.
- Wear spotty socks.
- Ignore mockers, or insult them back with something witty.
- Act like you are inspired by the world, even if you aren't.
- Have your top button up and your collar down.
- Get some black/pink skinny jeans.
- Its about how you look to other people, not how you actually are.
- Don't ditch your friends for other Indie people. You aren't better than others just because you are different. And don't loose yourself. Remember underneath the clothes and hair, you are still the same person. Stay true to yourself, and your friends.
- Act nice, don't start fights or randomly abuse people.
- If somebody disagrees with your own musical taste, don't bother them about it.
- Don't be afraid to try something new, because of what other people think. Being Indie is being different, and having a unique sense of style and music. Plus, you never know what looks great until you try it.
- Don't be surprised if you lose some friends, but don't be mean to them.
- Be well prepared for insults and remarks, read the Steps and Tips section for more info. Except no one ever cares enough to insult "indie rock" kids.
- Don't come across as a wannabe, getting the indie look takes time.
- Don't make fun of others who are different than your new style.
Video: back to school lookbook(indie aesthetic)
Having Sex With Other People Makes My Husband and I Want Each Other More
The 10 Secrets of One Unflappable Working Mother In Hindi
How to Cook Once and Eat Clean All Week
Trump tax-return excuse after Democrats take House in midterm election
Princess Charlotte Poses For Her First Official Photos
REI Co-op Cycles hybrid bike review: What I thought after 500 miles
20 Sexy Pairs of Underwear That Keep Your Lady PartsHealthy
AcetaminophenCaffeineIsometheptene Mucate Reviews
How to Write a Sales Plan
How to Be Comfortable on a Long Plane Ride As a Teenager
I wouldnt do it again
How to Choose a Gerbil Breed
10 Vintage Looks for Your Home
Tommy Hilfiger Will Design Clothes For People With Disabilities
Red Carpet Report: The Best and Worst Dressed Stars at the 2013Oscars
Date: 08.12.2018, 01:12 / Views: 55353