How to Unlock SIM PUK Code - Find Your PUK Unblock
How to Determine Your Mobile PUK Code
A PUK code stands for “Personal Unlock Key.” It's a unique code that is linked to your mobile phone’s SIM card and is usually 8 digits long. You will need the PUK code if you have set a SIM Card lock and entered the wrong passcode 3 times. Your phone will become locked, and you will need the PUK code to unlock it. This code shouldn’t be hard to find.
Using the PUK Code
Know when you need to use it.If you have a PIN number on your SIM card as an extra security measure, you'll need to type the PIN number in each time you turn on your phone. Otherwise, the PUK code is needed only if you enter the SIM card pin code wrong too many times.
- A message will appear on your phone saying your PUK is locked. At this point, you will need to enter your PUK code or you won't be able to access the phone.
- If you also enter the PUK code wrong 3 times, the SIM card will be locked. If you enter the wrong PUK code 10 times or more, then you will need a new SIM card. Some phones call this a PUC code instead, but it’s the same thing. The code is 8 digits long.
Understand how the PUK code works.A PUK code (personal unlocking key) is a key that is used to protect your mobile SIM card. Keep in mind that the PUK code is unique to your SIM card.
- There are a few other reasons why you might want to know your PUK code; the most common is if you're moving from one network service provider to another but want to keep the same mobile number.
- Working out your PUK code is normally very simple although it can vary depending on who your current provider is. Make sure you write it down somewhere so that you don't forget it once you get it, and also be aware that some service providers limit the length of time the PUK code will be active.
- A PUK is a second level of security on a SIM card. The PUK code is unique to the SIM inside the phone and not the phone itself. The PUK is kept by the network operator.
Obtaining your PUK Code
Check the SIM card packaging.If you have recently purchased a SIM card, then look on the packaging. Sometimes the PUK card is printed on it.
- Look at the box that your SIM card came in, and the PUK code should be there on the box or label.
- You could also call the retailer you have purchased the phone from if you can’t find this code, and they should be able to assist
Call your network provider.The PUK code is unique to your SIM card, so you can only get this from your mobile network. Sometimes the network will give you this when you first get the SIM card, but not all networks do this.
- If you cannot find it, give your mobile network a call, and customer support will be able to give you the PUK code or generate a new one after you have answered some security questions.
- The network provider is going to ask you to prove your identity. Sometimes, this entails providing your date of birth and address. You won’t be able to get the PUK code if you can’t prove that you own the phone. You might be asked for the SIM card code from its packaging too.
Check online through your network provider.You can try online to find your PUK code as long as you have an online account through your network provider (most offer this service).
- Log in to your mobile phone account on your computer and look for a PUK code section on your account page. Where this appears will vary among network providers. For AT&T Wireless, you log into the AT&T online account. Select “wireless” from the “myAT&T” tab at the top of the page. Select “phone/device.” Select: “Unblock Sim card.” A new page will open that provides your PUK card.
- Some prepaid phones also use PUK codes and will provide them to you online if you know the mobile number and the name and date of birth of the account holder.If you don’t already have an online account, it’s usually easy to create one if you have your mobile number and basic information to prove your identity.
Entering the PUK Code
Enter the PUK code into your mobile phone.You will usually see a notification show up on the phone that will prompt you to enter your PUK code.
- Follow the instructions on the phone to complete the process.
- Different mobile phones will have different steps, but most will inform you they've locked the phone down and that you need to type in the PUK code.
Enter a new pin code.If you’ve had to enter your PUK code because you had the PIN code wrong, once you enter the PUK code, you will need to input a new PIN for the SIM card.
- After you have done so, your cell phone should be unlocked, and you will be able to use it again.
- Some phone users must enter **05* before entering the PUK code. Then, enter the 8-digit PUK card and hit enter. Nexus One users should type in the **05*, their PUK number, *, their new PIN number, *, their new PIN number again, #.
QuestionWhat if I have lost my PUK number?Jody HodgesCommunity AnswerCall your provider. They will ask a security question to continue to provide the PUK.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I complete the process to enter the PUK code?Michael BogaertsCommunity AnswerThat depends on your phone, on most phones it will ask you to put in the Puk code and press okay. After this, it will ask you for a new pin code twice. If you have filled in a new pin code right twice it will ask you for your phone unlock and you are ready to go.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get the code with out knowing the phone number?Michael BogaertsCommunity AnswerYou need the sim card number, the PUK code is not related to your phone number. On the sim card there is a number but you have to call the provider. If it's not your sim card, you will have no luck using it.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use the Puk code to change providers?Michael BogaertsCommunity AnswerNo you can't, to change providers you need a new simcard from your new provider. If you want to take your phonenumber with you you have to request that to your new provider and if the old provider agrees (the mostly will if you paid everything) you will be able to take your old phone number with you.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if I typed in the code and was told to put in a new code?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerType in a new pin code that you can remember more easily so you don't have to do this again.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I unlock my PUK code without knowing the carrier and number?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can't.Thanks!
What do I do if my phone is asking for a PUK code?
How do I unlock the PUK code on a Nokia phone?
What can I do if my phone is asking for a puk code?
What do I do if my PUK code is locked? What do I do if I called the provider but they didn't help?
Where can I send correspondence with my retailer?
||How to find your PUK code.|
- Just call customer support for your network provider. It's often the quickest way.
- Don’t waste time trying to guess your PUK code. If you enter it wrong 10 times, you will have to get a new one as it will be permanently locked.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Français:
Video: How to unlock sim puk code find your puk unblock
Harvard Womens Soccer Players Respond to Sexually Explicit Scouting Report
The Case for Dating Around: 6 Real Benefits of Casually Seeing MultiplePeople
Schumer asks for probe into Whitakers White House contacts
Britain sees rise in anorexia
How to Address a District Attorney in a Letter
How to Contact Tim Tebow
MAC Cosmetics Is Teaming Up with 10 of Your Favorite Beauty Bloggers on a New Makeup Line
How to Develop Productive Habits
How to Join Scientology
Stock market news: Dow jumps 400 points, claws back some October losses
Just how does sleep therapy actually work
Prom Hairstyles for Short Hair
90s Music Icons, We Want You Back For Good