How To Convert From Kilojoules to calories - kJ to cal
How to Convert Kilojoules to Calories
Changing Kilojoules into Calories
Start with the number of kilojoules (kJ).Nutritional energy is often measured in kilojoules, but you can convert kJ to calories (cal) in a few simple steps.
- For instance, let’s say you want to convert 5 kJ.
Multiply the kilocalories (kJ) by 1,000 to get the number of joules (J).Note that 1 kilojoule is equal to 1,000 joules. So, to convert from kilojoules to joules, multiply the number by 1,000.
- For example, multiply 5 kJ by 1,000 to equal 5,000 J.
Multiply the number of joules (J) by 0.239 to get the number of calories (cal).Note that 1 kJ = 0.239 calories. So, to convert from joules to calories, all you have to do is multiply by 0.239.
- For example, multiply 5,000 J by 0.239 to get 1,195 cal. Therefore, 5 kJ = 1,195 calories.
Convert the calories (cal) into kilocalories (kcal) if desired.Simply divide the number of calories by 1,000 to get the number of kilocalories.
- For example, divide 1,195 cal by 1,000 to get 1.195 kilocalories. Therefore, 5kJ = 1.195 kcal.
Converting Back from Calories to Kilojoules
Divide the number of calories (cal) by 1,000 to find the number of kilocalories (kcal).If you haven’t already, convert the number of calories to kilocalories.
- For instance, if you have 25 calories, divide this number by 1,000 to get 0.025 kcal.
Multiply the kilocalories (kcal) by 4.185 to find the number of kilojoules (kJ).Note that 1 kcal = 4.184 kJ. So, to convert from kilocalories to kilojoules, multiply by 4.185.
- For example, multiply 0.025 kcal by 4.184 to get 0.105 kJ. So, 25 calories is equal to 0.105 kilojoules.
Convert the kilojoules (kJ) to joules (J) if desired.If you need to know the number of joules, rather than kilojoules, simply multiply by 1,000.
- For example, multiply 0.105 kJ by 1,000 to get 105 joules. Therefore, 25 cal = 105 J.
Video: Joules, Food Calories, & Kilojoules - Unit Conversion With Heat Energy - Physics Problems
How to Make Pumpkin Soup
Your Healthy Vacation-Week Grocery List
A Surprising Reason Makes This Couples 50th Anniversary Extra-Special
How to Add a Wall Switch to Light Fixture Controlled by a Chain
How to Build a Good Team for Business Success
How to Get All Your Friends to Join an Online Social Networking Website
Trader Joes just came out with an interesting avocado yogurt
The Scary Downside to Dry Shampoo That No One Tells You About
These Stitch Braids With Zigzag Parts Are a Huge YES
How to Treat Spondylosis
How to Make Sweet and Sour Turkey Casserole
How to Work Out the Payback Period
Date: 10.12.2018, 11:29 / Views: 75263