Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May Show Us the Last Thing on Their Phones | WIRED
How to Contact Jeremy Clarkson
Although he once started as a small-town journalist, Jeremy Clarkson is now considered one of Great Britain’s leading television personalities. He writes for The Sunday Times and The Sun, while simultaneously hosting the BBC car show Top Gear. It can be difficult to reach a celebrity. However, Clarkson does book speaking engagements through several outlets. You can also contact Jeremy Clarkson through social media.
Contacting For Charity or Speaking Engagements
Use Speakers Corner.Speakers Corner is an agency, located out of the UK, that facilitates communication between public speakers and event organizers looking for guests. Jeremy Clarkson is one of the speakers represented by Speakers Corner. If you want to book Jeremy Clarkson for an event, try going through Speakers Corner.
- If you're interested in booking Jeremy Clarkson, you can fill out what's called an "enquiry form" through the website. You should find this form on the righthand corner of the screen. You enter your name, e-mail, telephone number, and a brief message. In the message, explain where and when your event takes place, as well as the type of event you're hosting. After you fill out the form, a representative will get back to you within 24 hours.
- You can also e-mail Speakers Corner at . You can also try calling the number 44 (0)20 7607 7070.
- Speakers Corner is located out of the UK. Be sure to check with your phone provider for any associated long distance charges before calling. A booking agent from Speakers Corner will return your message within 24 hours. Don’t wait until the last minute to try and book Jeremy as his schedule is usually booked months in advance.
Try Speakers Bureau.Speakers Bureau is another booking agency that works with Jeremy Clarkson. If you don't hear back from Speakers Corner, try booking Jeremy via Speakers Bureau.
- On the Speakers Bureau's website, you can browse speakers from A to Z and scroll through until you find Jeremy. You can also locate his page via the search bar. Once you locate Jeremy Clarkson's Speakers Bureau profile, click on the button that says "Make a Booking."
- You will be taken to a page that asks for a variety of information. You will be asked to include your name, phone number, company name, and e-mail address. You will also be asked to include a brief message, overviewing the event you want Clarkson to speak at, as well as the event time and date.
- As soon as you submit your form, someone from Speakers Bureau should contact you to let you know further details. As with Speakers Corner, book well in advance. Jeremy Clarkson is very busy and generally books months in advance.
Contact Clarkson only for relevant speaking engagements.Clarkson will not host just any event. He frequently hosts corporate awards events, and may show up at charity events relevant to his interests.Keep Clarkson's expertise in mind when trying to book him for an event.
- Clarkson is an avid fan of cars and motor vehicles. He may be a good host for an event regarding cars.
- Corporate fundraisers and award shows are Clarkson's specialty.
- Clarkson is a longtime journalist, so any event that discusses journalism may benefit from having Clarkson as a speaker.
Have a backup plan.Jeremy Clarkson is a well-known journalist and celebrity. He must be booked months in advance and the cost of booking him may be steep. It's very likely you will be unable to book Clarkson for your event, so make sure to have a backup speaker in mind when attempting to contact Clarkson.
Using Social Media
Send Clarkson a personal message on LinkedIn.Although Jeremy Clarkson is a celebrity, he does maintain a LinkedIn page. LinkedIn is a social media site that functions like a virtual resume. You include details of your work-related experience on your portfolio. If you want to contact Clarkson more directly, consider sending him a private message on LinkedIn.
- If you don't have a LinkedIn profile, you can easily create one. You just need a relevant e-mail address.
- Remember, LinkedIn is a professional tool. Prospective employers may look you up on LinkedIn. If you choose to create a profile, keep your profile professional. Include all your work experience in your profile and avoid using profanity, slang, or negative language about past employers.
- Keep in mind Clarkson likely gets many messages on LinkedIn each day. You may not hear back from Clarkson if you do message him.
Tweet to Jeremy Clarkson.Twitter is a fun social media site in which you can post messages of 140 characters. You can use Twitter to Tweet a short message to a celebrity. Jeremy Clarkson is on Twitter, using the handle @JeremyClarkson.
- If you don't have a Twitter account, you can create one using your e-mail address.
- To contact Jeremy Clarkson on Twitter, simply search for his Twitter in the search bar on the top righthand corner of the page. Then, type in "@JeremyClarkson." When you reach Clarkson's page, there should be a button that says "Tweet to Jeremy Clarkson" under his picture. Click this button and compose your message.
- Twitter messages are usually short and celebrities get thousands of messages on Twitter each day. Do not attempt to contact Clarkson for a professional speaking engagement through Twitter, as it's unlikely he'll respond. You also will not be able to fit in all the necessary details when contacting Clarkson through Twitter alone.
Send Jeremy Clarkson a Facebook message.Jeremy Clarkson does have a Facebook account. Even if you are not friends with him, you can still send him a message. Keep in mind Twitter and LinkedIn may be better options. Facebook usually filters messages that come from unknown users. Clarkson may easily miss a Facebook message.
Follow the terms and services of all social media you use.All social media comes with certain terms and services. When using social media to contact Jeremy Clarkson, make sure to follow the rules to avoid getting banned.
- Do not create a fake LinkedIn profile to contact Jeremy Clarkson. LinkedIn bans the creation of fake profiles. If your profile is for a fake person, or if you create a fake profile for a celebrity, LinkedIn will remove your profile quickly.Facebook also bans fake profiles. Facebook users are encouraged to report profiles they believe are fake.
- Posting threatening or abusive messages on Twitter or Facebook is against the rules. If you post any contact that could be deemed threatening or hateful, this may result in your account getting suspended. You should also avoid sending threatening or hostile private messages on these sites.
- Spam is also not allowed on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Posting links to websites that contain malware, information about pyramid schemes, or using multiple accounts to post spam will result in your account getting terminated.
Writing Your Message
Include all the key details about an event.When contacting Jeremy Clarkson for an event, make sure to include all the important details. Clarkson and his team get many messages each day about speaking events. Messages that leave out details may be ignored.
- Include the date and location of the event. Double-check to make sure these details are accurate.
- If you usually pay speakers, include information about pay rates for your company or organization. You should also include information about where Clarkson will stay for the event. For example, maybe your company usually puts speakers up in a specific hotel.
- Add some details about your event. Clarkson and his team will want to know a little about your organization and its mission. You should also include a link to your company website so Clarkson can learn more about your organization if he's interested.
Have enthusiasm.You're more likely to hear back from Clarkson if you have enthusiasm in your messages. If you're trying to book Clarkson for a charity event, enthusiasm about your cause is particularly important. Remember, Clarkson gets many requests each day. You have to sell your company if you want Clarkson to agree to speak.
- Include an interesting opening line. For example, if you're booking Clarkson for a charity event, you can start with a fact or a quote relevant to your cause. Something like, "Did you know over 20% of Chicago elementary school students are illiterate?"
- Convey why your speaking event is important. What does Clarkson have to gain by coming to your company or organization? Talk about your culture. Is it particularly welcoming? Are your employees a lot of fun?
- However, try to keep it brief. Try to condense enthusiasm to a short paragraph. Clarkson and his officials get a lot of requests each day and may not read an e-mail if it's too long.
Use social media for less important messages.Social media is usually not meant for professional contact. If you want to mention to Clarkson that you loved his appearance on a talk show last night, this would be appropriate to post on Twitter. However, if you want to ask Clarkson to appear at your charity event, contact him through a professional organization like Speakers Corner.
Expect it will take awhile to hear back.Clarkson is very busy. If you want to book him for an event, it may take awhile to hear back. You should aim to book Clarkson months before the event if you expect him to attend. On social media, it may be unlikely that you hear back. Clarkson may not respond to all Tweets and LinkedIn messages as he simply does not have the time.
- Don't be discouraged. You may have to go through a lot of legal issues before Jeremy can fully commit to anything. Give yourself plenty of time to wait for Jeremy to respond directly. You may have to schedule a year in advance.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Deutsch: , Русский: , Italiano: , Português: , Español: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Français:
Video: Jeremy Clarkson - Inventions That Changed the World - Telephone (Rus sub)
30 Days Of Superfoods: Cabbage To Fight Cancer
10 Summer Olympic Sports Youre Not Too Old to Qualify For
Alexa Chung is launching her very own fashion label
Bridal Shorts are Officially a Thing: Would You WearThem
Use It or Lose It—Here’s Why That’s Not BS Advice
Warren Buffett March Madness giveaway: 1 million a year for life
BD Butterfly Alcohol Pad Reviews
20 Golden Brown Hair Color Ideas All Brunettes Need to See
Bayou Breeze Zeba Patio Sectional Piece with Cushions BBZE3540
The Foolproof Guide to Colored Eyeliner
Party animals and bad eggs
5 Makeup Tricks for Oily Skin
Game of Thrones Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Jaime Lannisters Identity Crisis Next Season