Ben Heine is a multidisciplinary and. His name became famous in 2010 with the invention of a new art form titled "Pencil Vs Camera". He is an accomplished illustrator and photographer, with numerous works widely regarded in both the art and design world. He is also the creator of other original art series such as "Digital Circlism" and "Flesh and Acrylic".
He was born in 1983 in Ivory Coast and currently lives and works in Belgium. Ben has a degree in Journalism and is a self-taught person in drawing, photography and music. His creations have been featured in newspapers, magazines and major publications worldwide and since 2010 his works have begun to populate art galleries and museums in Europe, Asia and Russia. Heine permanently stopped doing political art in 2009. A documentary about his work was released in 2012.
Heine started producing and composing music in 2012 and plays drums and the piano. He owns a music studio since 2013. His first music album "Sound Spiral" was released in November 2015. Through his career path, Heine became the ambassador of famous brands such as and.
Early life and education
Ben was born in 1983 in. where he spent the first seven years of his life, with his parents and three sisters. His family relocated in Brussels, Belgium, in 1990. His father was a commercial engineer and his mother a and a dance teacher. Heine started drawing at 11 years of age. At that time, his curiosity for visual art was his keenest interest.
Between 1988 and 2006, Heine undertook studies in different countries, including Ivory Coast, Belgium, the UK and the Netherlands. He attended primary school at in Brussels. As a student, Heine easily became frustrated and bored, often becoming difficult to manage in school. It wasn't until he attended secondary education at "Collège Saint Vincent" in Belgium that he evolved into a more disciplined student. As a teenager, he explored drawing, painting and writing poetry to music and athletics.
In 2007, Ben earned a degree in Journalism, started at Université Libre de Bruxelles and completed at and. Ben also conducted studies in Art History, Sculpture, and Painting at and at the . Throughout his academic training, he learned music instruments including drums, djembe and piano. His studies and love for communication lead him to learn six different languages, French, English, Dutch, Polish, Spanish and Russian.
Between 2007 until the end of 2009, Heine worked in different fields to make a living, as a copywriter in a communication agency in Belgium and later as a language teacher and coach in different schools around Brussels. He also worked as a cashier in a supermarket. Despite these jobs, Ben's priority always remained in his creative projects and he was drawing and painting every night.
2010 was an important year for Heine, when he started working on the artworks of his major series, Pencil Vs Camera and Digital Circlism. From 2010 until today, Heine exhibited his artworks in major art fairs, museums and art galleries around the world. Since 2011, he also continued to develop his musical style.
Pencil vs cameraBen Heine at Brussels Accessible Art Fair
The artworks in this series usually show a hand-drawn 2D sketch held and photographed by the artist in a specific location. They combine photography and drawing to infuse ordinary scenes with new surreal, visionary, or romanticized narratives. The inclusion of hand-held penciled sketches over a portion of the original photos allows Heine to enhance reality and open doors to an imaginary world. Heine brought some innovations to the concept in 2012 adding colors and black paper. Between 2010 and 2016, Heine's creations have been seen by the people through the exhibitions and news articles in major media outlets. Heine's first Pencil Vs Camera's images quickly gained popularity online and received positive criticisms from specialized and influential art sites along with and international opportunities for the artist.
Some of primary and secondary public schools that are teaching Heine's Pencil Vs Camera concept are "International School of Beijing", "ColegioMenor in Quito", "Dover College", "Ecole Lamartine", "Ecole de Scorbé-Clairvaux", "Ecole Renaudeau", "Collège La Bruyère Sainte Isabelle" and others. Since 2012, many other creators and artists have borrowed from Heine's innovations to create various forms of similar 3D artworks.
Flesh and AcrylicFlesh and Acrylic live performance at Brussels Natural Science Museum
This series started in 2011, Heine creates abstract on large wooden panels. In the finished work it is at first difficult to tell where the human figure ends and the background "canvas" begins, both blending together into one surreal abstract vision. He takes pictures of the final composition so that they can be printed and exhibited later on. Heine made his first "Flesh and Acrylic" project with model Caroline Madison in 2011 for a documentary filmed by Italian director Davide Gentile. Between 2012 and 2015, Heine made several Flesh and Acrylic live performances.
Digital circlismBen Heine during an exhibition of Digital circlism
This is the name Heine has given to a whole new creative technique he has developed in 2010. It is a mix between and. In this project, Heine usually makes portraits of celebrities/cultural icons with digital tools using flat circles on a black background. Each circle has a single color and a single tone.Trends Hunter said about Digital Circlism: "Through the use of graphic software and a whole lot of creativity, Ben Heine is able to create iconic faces from history and pop culture by drawing circles of various sizes and colors. In order to give them a dynamic and 3-dimensional appearance". The artist stated he has been making portraits for over 15 years but it wasn't very long ago that he started developing this original technique. "As I've been working with digital tools recently, this came quite naturally, and I'm a big fan of Pop Art and Pointillism. Digital Circlism is a modern mix of them".
Heine says he is influenced by Belgian, German, American, and.Abduzeezo says about Heine: "His galleries are filled with great stuff and he can walk beautifully between several art directions, creating amazing pieces in any way he goes". Heine has given several interviews explaining the philosophy behind his creations.
Traditionally trained in and at IHECS Journalism School, Heine tried his hand at political cartoons because he wanted to connect his interest in art with his studies in Journalism. This brief encounter was far less charitable to him than he had hoped. His political activism, at the cusp of his youth, unleashed a string of criticism and threats. In the end, Heine felt it was perhaps wiser to walk away from political cartoons in 2009.
At IHECS, international politics professor Paul Delmotte gave Heine pro-Palestinian information throughout his studies. In 2006, at the end of his scholarship and just after the Muhammad cartoon contest controversy, Heine made a master's final assignment, which included a detailed investigation about the "Limits of Freedom of Expression in Political Cartooning". At that time, Heine was also member of many cartoonists and activists associations. These organizations and particularly "Iran Cartoon" requested that he participates in a competition calling for provocative Holocaust-related images sponsored by the Iranian newspaper Hamshahri as an answer to the Muhammad cartoon contest.
Heine's participation in this contest lead to controversy. Due to the pro-Palestinian nature of several of his older political art, he received some criticisms for his views on the Middle Eastern political situation and specifically for some images about Israel and. Because of this, Heine decided to completely stop creating political cartoons in 2009 and to focus on his own art. He also asked all websites that published his political images to permanently remove them because he said these drawings lacked nuance and intelligence and they kept generating confusion about his evolution as a non-political artist. He also said he made such mistakes because he was too young and didn't have objective information.
Heine wrote an open letter in 2010 to beg pardon to the Jewish Community, to express his regrets and apologize for the mess and pain this event had generated. He made clear he was against revisionism, anti-Semitism and xenophobia. He also explained the academic context in which he was, how cartoon organizations had manipulated his drawings, how he lost control of the situation and how much this issue had caused him troubles. Since 2009, Heine has firmly distanced himself from all activists’ organizations.
Heine started creating, writing songs, and composing in 2011. He bought a professional creative studio in Belgium since 2012. In 2013, Heine's music track "Fly With You" was added in the collective album "Mesh 1.0" released by DMS in the UK. From 2013 to 2014, he worked on improving his knowledge in music theory and piano practice. In 2014, Heine started to collaborate with other musicians and singers including pianist Thibault Crols and Saxophonist Stéphane Pigeon.
In 2015, Heine music was played publicly for the first time at Moscow Planetarium, at the National Museum of Arkhangelsk and in 2016 at Tyumen Fine Art Museum in the frame of his itinerant solo exhibition in Russia.Ben Heine's first album "Sound Spiral" was released in 2015. In March 2016, his music tracks "Warsaw", "I'm a Clown", "Amour" and "It's Just a Play" were selected by "Wix Music" and played at the renowned.
- 2016 "Art and Music of Ben Heine", ArtMuza Modern Art Museum, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- 2016 "Art and Music of Ben Heine", State History Museum, Omsk, Russia
- 2016 "Digital Circlism", fotos China Furniture Fair, Shanghai & Guangzhou en Chine
- 2016 "Ben Heine Art and Music ", Fine Art Museum, Tyumen, Russia
- 2016 "Surréalisme à la Belge", Centre Culturel des Roches, Rochefort, Belgium
- 2015 "Ben Heine", National Museum, Arkhangelsk, Russia
- 2015 "The Art & Music of Ben Heine", Moscow Planetarium, Russia
- 2015 "From Cocoa to Choco", Harbour City, William Chan Design, Hong Kong
- 2015 "Heine Mazda Car Design", Affordable Art Fair, Brussels, Belgium
- 2015 "Colorful Car Show", Mazda, Namur Les Bains, Namur, Belgium
- 2015 "Festival Dont Vous Etes le Héros", Université de Namur, Belgium
- 2014 "Parallel Universe", DCA Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
- 2014 "On The Draw, an Illustrated Journey", Promotur, Temporary Art Café, Turin, Italy
- 2014 "Pencil Vs Camera", Accessible Art Fair, Cercle de Lorraine, Brussels, Belgium
- 2014 "Museum Night Fever", Natural Science Museum, Brussels, Belgium
- 2014 "An Illustrated Journey in Tenerife", Promotur, Canvas Studios, London, United Kingdom
- 2014 "On The Draw, an Illustrated Journey", Promotur, Mercado San Anton, Madrid, Spain
- 2013 "The Universe of Ben Heine", Hyehwa Art Center, Seoul, South Korea
- 2013 "Pencil Vs Camera", Exhi-B, Event Lounge, Brussels, Belgium
- 2013 "Taste Buds & Pure Street", Culinaria, Tour et Taxis, Brussels, Belgium
- 2013 "Images Photo Club", Foto Museum, Den Haag, The Netherlands
- 2013 "Street Art Exhibition", Pavillon M, Tour de France Photo, Marseille, France
- 2013 "Saint Valentine Magic", Begramoff Gallery, Brussels, France
- 2013 "Wallonie Bienvenue", Ben Heine Studio, Rochefort, Belgium
- 2012 "The Best of Both Worlds", VIP Offices, Brussels, Belgium
- 2012 "Creative Sketching in Lisbon", Samsung Portugal, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2012 "Illusion and Poetry", The Art Movement, The Avenue, Brussels, Belgium
- 2012 "Digital Circlism", Print Art Fest, McCann Erickson, Bucharest, Romania
- 2012 "Creative Pro Show", Aurelia Holiday in, Rome, Italy
- 2012 "Animal's Portraits", The Art Movement, AAF Battersea, London, United Kingdom
- 2012 "Pencil Vs Camera, Digital Circlism", Exhi-B Autoworld, Brussels, Belgium
- 2012 "Imagination Vs Reality", Accessible Art Fair, Conrad Hotel, Brussels, Belgium
- 2012 "Pencil Vs Camera", Photokina, Cologne, Germany
- 2012 "Ben Heine for Louise Nights", MontBlanc, Brussels, Belgium
- 2012 "Art Shop Disco", Exhi-B, L'Arsenal, Brussels, Belgium
- 2012 "Ben Heine for MontBlanc", MontBlanc, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2012 "Celebrities Portraits", The Appart Gallery, Affordable Art Fair, Brussels, Belgium
- 2012 "Pencil Vs Camera", Gallery Garden, Affordable Art Fair, Brussels, Belgium
- 2012 "Drawings and Photos", The Art Movement, London Art Fair, London, United Kingdom
- 2012 "Pencil Vs Camera, Flesh and Acrylic", Art Event, Namur Expo, Namur, Belgium
- 2011 "Drawings for Cape Verde", Start Stuff&Art Gallery, Mindelo, Cape Verde
- 2011 "Another World", Radeski Art Gallery, Liège, Belgium
- 2011 "Space and Time", Gallery Garden, The Artistery, Brussels, Belgium
- 2011 "Creative Explorations", The Artistery, Bank Delen, Brussels, Belgium
- 2011 "Flesh and Acrylic", Accessible Art Fair, Conrad Hotel, Brussels, Belgium
- 2011 "Early Drawings", Gallery Garden, The Artistery, Brussels, Belgium
- 2011 "Pencil Vs Camera", The Art Movement, Affordable Art Fair, London, United Kingdom
- 2011 "Digital Circlism and Pencil Vs Camera", Berliner Liste, Berlin, Germany
- 2011 "Pencil Vs Camera", Art London, The Art Movement, London, United Kingdom
- 2011 "Simple Stories – Ben Heine Art", BAAF, Conrad Hotel, Brussels, Belgium
- 2011 "Pencil Vs Camera", The Artistery, Affordable Art Fair, Brussels, Belgium
- 2010 "Music For Life", Red Cross, The Artistery, Ronse, Belgium
- 2010 "Ben Heine World", Ten Weyngaert X-Po 54, The Artistery, Brussels, Belgium
- 2010 "Creative Art series by Ben Heine", Appart Gallery, The Artistery, Brussels, Belgium
- 2010 "Paintings and Pencil Vs Camera", Law Courts of Hosdent, The Artistery, Braives, Belgium
- 2010 "Digital Circlism and Pencil Vs Camera", Art Event, The Artistery, Antwerp, Belgium
- 2010 "Pencil Vs Camera and Digital Circlism", Appart Gallery - The Loft, Brussels, Belgium
- 2010 "Ben Heine Photography", Samsung D'Light, Seoul, South Korea
- 2010 "Pencil Vs Camera", The Next Gallery, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
- 2010 "Eye Catching Sketches", Accessible Art Fair, The Artistery, Conrad Hotel, Brussels, Belgium
- 2010 "Pencil Vs Camera", Le Coach, The Artistery, Brussels, Belgium
- 2006 "Early Paintings – Ben Heine", Les Coulisses Saint Jacques, Brussels, Belgium
Sponsors and Galleries
Since 2010 until 2013, Ben Heine was working in collaboration with Samsung Camera and he became the first "Imagelogger" which was the title of a program launched by Samsung to test new Samsung cameras by international photographers. Ben experienced and shot with Samsung latest NX cameras and lenses and different Galaxy NX lenses. Samsung also partially sponsored his project with the Samsung Note 10.1 in Lisbon in 2012 and his solo exhibition at "Hyehwa Art Center" in Seoul later in 2013.
In 2014, Heine partnered with Chromaluxe. In 2015, Ben Heine also partnered with Mazda to create a car exclusive design and to take part in different events. He became Mazda Brand ambassador in Belgium, in this context, he travelled to Atlanta and Barcelona for Mazda related corporate events.
Art galleries currently showing Heine's works are Expomania in Russia, The Art Movement in the UK, William Chan Design in Hong Kong, INMD in South Korea, Mahlstedt Gallery and iCanvas in the USA, Kare Design in Germany, DCA Gallery and Begramoff Gallery in Belgium. In 2016, Heine was among the Belgian influencers who participated in the "OwnTheTwilight" project launched by Samsung and featuring photos shot with the Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Rebecca Pocklington (6 January 2014)...
- .. 6 January 2014.
- Kate Schneider (23 December 2011)...
- .. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- .. 12 December 2011.
- .. 10 February 2011.
- ^ Grace Chee (3 February 2015)..
- Kerry Mcqueeney (26 September 2011)...
- . 17 March 2015.
- ^ Nicolas Debatty (20 January 2016)..
- . Pomorie.ru. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . photoshop.com. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . IHECS. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . Just Imagine. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . Тюменские Известия. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . Ria.ru. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . bruzz.be. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . CNC News. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . Тюменские Известия. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . Matele. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- . HLN.be.
- . Hi-Fructose Magazine.
- . Adobe.
- .. 21 January 2013.
- . Mirror.co.uk. 1 May 2012.
- .. 22 May 2012.
- . 15 February 2011.
- Aimee Zvinakis (2 April 2014)..
- (PDF). 13 March 2015.
- . 13 March 2014.
- Heine, Ben (18 March 2011).. Criativa. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (23 March 2011).. Newlite.tv. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (17 March 2011). "CIRCLES CELEBRITY PORTRAITS BY BEN HEINE". Trends Now. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (3 March 2011).. Short List. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (17 March 2011).. Trands Hunter. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (22 March 2011).. The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (16 March 2011).. My Modern Metropolis. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (25 February 2011).. Newslite.tv. from the original on 29 April 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (22 January 2011).. Photographers Hall of Fame. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben.. My Modern Metropolis. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (5 July 2010).. Make my Creative. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben (18 March 2010).. Abduzeezo. from the original on 1 May 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Heine, Ben..
- ^. 27 July 2014.
- . 16 June 2015.
- ^. 28 January 2016.
- . 28 March 2015.
- . 20 September 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- . 10 April 2016.
- . 22 April 2016.
- . 25 January 2016.
- Esther Wong (11 February 2015).. Asiatatler.
- . Lalibre.
- . Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- . Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- Alessio Lana (11 September 2013)...
- . Archived from on 2 April 2014.
- .. 11 December 2012.
- "Artist turns camera images into surreal landscape" (Mail Online) 3 February 2011
- "Wereld valt voor Belgische fototekeningen" (Het Nieuwsblad) 5 May 2010
- "El lapiz que pinta otra realidad" (El País) 15 March 2011
- "Drawing on Creativity" (Pop Photography) 2 March 2011
- "Ben Heine, l'artista che completa la foto con un disegno" (La Repubblica) 15 March 2011
- "Snap! It's a draw" (Daily Mirror) 28 April 2010
Fotos de monterey california
San agustin huila fotos
Existen las sirenas fotos reales
Porto calvo alagoas fotos
Fotos de vestidos de epoca medieval