How to Make Falafel - Crispy Fried Garbanzo Bean/Chickpea Fritter Recipe
Oct 8, 2013
Create a lowfat Middle Eastern feast with this tasty sandwich featuring warm falafel patties nestled into pita bread with shredded romaine lettuce, tomatoes and a creamy cucumber-yogurt sauce.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 15
Total Time: 0 hours 45
box falafel mix (we used Near East)
1 1/4 c. water
1 tsp. olive oil
leaves romaine lettuce
Accompaniment: Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
- Put falafel mix and water in a medium bowl. Stir until blended. Let stand 10 minutes or until mix absorbs water and becomes thick.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Brush a rimmed baking pan with the oil.
- Roll mixture into 16 balls. Flatten into patties about 1/2 in. thick. Place on prepared baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes until bottoms are golden. Turn and bake 10 to 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
- While falafel bake, cut pita in half, using scissors or a small serrated knife. Stack lettuce leaves, then cut into thin shreds (or younger children can tear lettuce into small pieces). Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Fill pita with lettuce, tomatoes and falafel. Drizzle on Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce or serve it alongside.
Video: Molly Makes Fresh Herb Falafel | From the Test Kitchen | Bon Appétit
How to Get the Best Healthcare when in the Hospital
The Only 10 Beauty Products You’ll Ever Need in Your MakeupBag
Damaging Tornadoes, Nicholas Cage Arrested and The Boston Marathon
Captiv8 Krishna Subramanian profile
How to Nail the Upside Down Eyeliner Trend
Your Ultimate Low-Stress, Super-Efficient Spring-CleaningPlan
7 Ways to Protect your Memory
23 Chic Products That Give Back During Breast Cancer AwarenessMonth
DIY Bouncy Waves For Your Gorgeous Look
Kim Kardashian finally confirms the news we all knew was coming
How to Make a Professional Music Video
How to Donate a Wedding Dress
Tops and t-shirts Spring-Summer 2015
Make Friends and Be Less Awkward
Date: 06.12.2018, 16:26 / Views: 63143