People Didn't Believe My Mental Illness
Don’t Feed the Chronic Pain Monsters
Sign Up for Our Healthy Living Newsletter
Thanks for signing up!
- Please don’t feed the chronic pain monsters, it only encourages them. Never make them feel welcome or they will move in and make a complete mess of your life, your home and your mind.
- Please don’t feed them anger and bitterness, it only makes them thrive and feel empowered, and you don’t want that.
- The best way to deal with the monsters is to turn your back on them and get on with your life. It will frustrate them when they realize they aren’t winning, which is of course their goal.
- They will throw an ugly tantrum, they’ll scream, and rant and rave; just find a peaceful place of safety and they will eventually go away.
- Certainly they will come again, probably every day. These monsters are tenacious and stubborn. Once they dig in they hold on tightly, but if you firmly tell them, “This is my life, not yours,” they will tuck tail and crawl away.
- Never let the monsters take charge or you will descend into chaos and that’s what they desire. You may have to smack them down often, but you will get better at it each time. The exercise will be good for you and each time you will feel more empowered.
- You can defeat them with daily consistency by riding on the arms of positive habits; otherwise, they will win as you spin out of control.
- If you descend into despair and depression, you will hear the monsters cackle and gloat. Please don’t give them that grim satisfaction.
- Firmly hold onto your courage, shield yourself with good medical care. Be consistent in following your doctor's advice. The monsters want you to improvise and be conflicted, to question your friends and neighbors, and to get a lot of useless advice. They know if you tenaciously seek good care, you can defeat them and their scurrilous ways.
- You must punch them in the eye, when necessary, and tell them you are in charge. You can defeat them with the power of self-love, by following your joy in life and your willingness to change and adapt. They are counting on you to be alone and lost so hang onto your loved ones, your strength, your faith and thus, your life. Never feed the monsters. You’ll be sorry if you do.
Important:The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and not Everyday Health.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, advertisements, offers or other information or content expressed or made available through the Sites by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors and not Everyday Health. Neither Everyday Health, its Licensors nor any third-party content providers guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content. Furthermore, neither Everyday Health nor its Licensors endorse or are responsible for the accuracy and reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on any of the Sites or Services by anyone other than an authorized Everyday Health or Licensor representative while acting in his/her official capacity. You may be exposed through the Sites or Services to content that violates our policies, is sexually explicit or is otherwise offensive. You access the Sites and Services at your own risk. We take no responsibility for your exposure to third party content on the Sites or the Services. Everyday Health and its Licensors do not assume, and expressly disclaim, any obligation to obtain and include any information other than that provided to it by its third party sources. It should be understood that we do not advocate the use of any product or procedure described in the Sites or through the Services, nor are we responsible for misuse of a product or procedure due to typographical error.
Video: Living With Chronic Pain In A Relationship
Eye Respect x Isle Of Wight Festival
Dr Ellie Cannon on new evidence which shows that NO amount of alcohol is safe
Alabama and Clarence (True Romance)
How to Stop a Dog from Killing Squirrels
How to remove tan with aloe vera Fairness with aloe vera
Tom Ford Launches Slick New E-Commerce Site
As the holidays come creeping up, keep Grafomap in mind for a fun and memorable gift for family and friends
How to Behave at a New Job
Givenchy is Moving Its Runway Show From Paris to NewYork
Red Lobster’s Cheddar Biscuits
How to Draft a Construction Loan Agreement
How to Write a Trading Plan
Date: 16.12.2018, 10:40 / Views: 54243