6 Types of Childhood Abuse
12 Reasons Your Childhood Friends Will Always Be the Best
1. They understand you better than anyone because they were there for all your adolescent firsts.That time you vomited in your parents' bathtub after your first tequila shot? That other time you banged your side mirror up while parallel parking? Rachel was holding your hair back; Rachel was in the passenger seat. She was laughing the whole time because it was just so typical you.
2. You were all awkward at the same time.It was a terrible time. You weren't fazed by each other's boobs and braces and boy problems. That's true love, right there.
3. Your best stories are of times when you were all together.It's not that your college stories aren't epic, but nothing will ever top the times you were together.
4. They provide some great throwback material.There's nothing better than a awkward middle school photo of you girls hanging out together.
5. It doesn't matter if you don't talk forever.Weeks or months can go by, but then she picks up the phone to call you and you talk for three hours, and it's like no time has passed at all. Life is good.
6. They were there for you when everyone else was terrible.At some point in your angsty high school career, someone was a jerk to you. Your real friends saw it happen and called it out for what it was. Nothing is better for the soul than letting go of someone in your life who was awful because you realize you've already got people around you who are wonderful.
7. When you need to escape from real life, they're perfect.The fact that you're no longer physically close to all your friends is not a bad thing. When everyone else around you is the worst, it's refreshing to get an outside perspective on your work, friend, and life problems. Also, you can talk about Facebook stalking your eighth-grade boyfriend for a good half hour and that will take your mind off everything.
8. You can ask them questions you could never ask anyone else in the world.Like, "Is it weird that I will 100 percent always love [the aforementioned eighth-grade boyfriend]?" for one.
9. You're never not on the same wavelength when it comes to growing up.Work problems, kid problems, marriage problems, health problems—they understand them all.
10. When you come home, you really have four places to go.It doesn't feel like a trip home unless you've seen them.
11. And when you need to vent about home, they got you.Because you love your mother, but she's never, ever been less chill about your life decisions than she is your brother's. That's how you bonded with Rachel first though. Her mom is basically the same person and she understands your frustration on the same deep-rooted level.
12. By this point in your life, you know who's really sticking by you.College friends may ghost after awhile, but the people who really mean the most to you will stay around forever.
Video: 24 Signs Someone Likes You More Than Just a Friend
Reese Witherspoon’s First Post-Arrest Red Carpet: Saint Laurent and Lots ofLeg
10 Ways to End a Dry Spell and Have Great Sex Again
Best Probiotic Sources on the Market, Ranked
Drop Fade Haircut 2019
Future Looks Bright for Lymphoma Treatment
15 Surprising Celebrities Who Voiced AnimatedCharacters
Diane von Furstenberg talks wrap dresses, life lessons and conceiving Anne Hathaway
How to Discipline a Horse Without Using Aggression
The 4 Best Core Moves For 40
Inside Facebooks election war room at its headquarters
What Your Plate of Food Says About Your Personality
How to Have a Positive Attitude when Things Go Wrong